A day of gastronomy and popular culture
On Saturday 10th March, Poble Espanyol will host a unique popular party in Barcelona where you will be able to experience a range of Catalan cultural events. Once again, the gastronomical selection will include the calçotada, a traditional dish based on the spring onion which is native to Catalunya.
Adults and children alike will have the opportunity to attend a great day of gastronomy and popular culture, featuring dancing giants, human towers from the Jove de l'Hospitalet group, traditional folk dancing, traditional sardana dances from the Mare Nostrum dance group, a comic parade, craft workshops, face painting and the ‘draw and paint’ space. Catalan rumba band Els Delai will provide live music on the day.
The fun will also be accompanied by good food - you will have the chance to enjoy one of the most popular gastronomic traditions in Catalonia: the calçot spring onions with romesco sauce, with an option of grilled butifarra sausage. Wine lovers will also be able to enjoy a tasting session with sommelier Xavier Barba, featuring local D.O. Penedès and D.O. Catalunya wine.
Don’t miss this day of gastronomy and popular culture in Barcelona!
Saturday 10th March 2018 from 10am to 6pm
- General ticket: Included in general admission
- Children under 4 and annual pass: free entrance.
Menu (only available at the ticket office)
- Calçots menu: 8€ . The menu includes 12 calçots + romesco sauce + bib + glass of wine + bread
- Full menu: 10€. The menu includes 12 calçots + romesco sauce + grilled butifarra sausage + bib + glass of wine + bread
- Children menu: 4€ . The menu includes grilled butifarra sausage + drink + bread
Visit Poble Espanyol and enjoy Catalan traditions.
Buy your tickets online and save time and money!