Christmas at Poble Espanyol from 6 to 9 december
December is an exciting month, full of good wishes and presents; one of the most magical times of the year, especially for little ones who eagerly await the arrival of Santa Clause.
This festive spirit will take over Poble Espanyol from 6 to 9 December. Plaza Mayor will be turned into the centre point of Poble Espanyol, with live music and a Christmas market where you will be able to find decorations for your home as well as traditional foods and handicrafts. Food lovers can delight in the tavern with Catalan cuisine or enjoy a communal stew!
The venue will become a large, unique themed space in Barcelona where you will also be able to see and enjoy some of the most longstanding Catalan traditions such as live nativity scenes or “Caga Tió”, a Catalan Christmas log which is beaten with a stick to make it ‘poop’ presents.
Although Christmas is undoubtably for kids, the festive spirit cannot help but rub off on adults too. So, Poble Espanyol will offer a wide range of activities for the whole family to enjoy including workshops, gymkhanas, entertainment, performances and a showing of short Christmas films from Andorra Kids Film Festival, among others. The pacifier tree will also be awaiting all the “grown-up” children that want to take the opportunity to make this important step.
Without a doubt, the most anticipated will be a visit to Santa’s grotto and to Their Majesties the Three Kings of the East, where all children will be able to deliver their letter and convince these beloved Christmas characters that they have been good this year to bring them what they are so excited about.
Don’t forget to hang your wishes up in the wishing tree and enjoy Christmas as a family at Poble Espanyol in Barcelona!
- Thursday 6 december 2018 from 10h to 20h
- Friday 7 december 2018 from 10h to 20h
- Saturday 8 december 2018 from 10h to 20h
- Sunday 9 december 2018 from 10h to 20h
- Non residents in Catalonia: General admission
- Children under 4 and season passes: Free entrance
- Residents in Catalonia (from 4 years old). Accrediting document will be required
- Special price of 5,50€ online /6,50€ at the ticket office
- Family pack (2 adults + 2 children from 4-12 years): 20€ / 26€ at the ticket office
- Family pack (2 adults + 1 child from 4-12 years): 16€ / 19,50€ at the ticket office
The entrance tickets are valid both for the Christmas activities and for visiting Poble Espanyol
*The online price will only be applicable if the tickets are purchased at least one day in advance. If purchased on the same day of the visit, the ticket office price will apply.
Visit Poble Espanyol and enjoy the Christmas activities.
Buy your tickets online and save time and money!