5 March will be the tallest day of the year! The third Edition of Poble Espanyol Giant’s Day features 9 giants clubs that will fill the streets and squares of the Village to the sound of the “gralla” (Catalan instrument).
Apart from the large and small giants and the big heads, there will be Catalan stick dancing and traditional dance groups, and children will have the chance to wear a big head!
An enjoyable day that will allow locals from Barcelona and visitors to see one of the most deeply-rooted Catalan traditions at closer range.
Giants clubs attending:
- Poble Sec (Barcelona)
- Sarrià (Barcelona)
- Santa Coloma
- Colla gegantera del Poble Espanyol
Sunday March 5 2017 from 10am to 5pm.
- 10am - 11am: Workshop: how to carry a giant
- 10am - 5:30pm: Children's make-up
- 10am - 5:30pm: Drawing and painting corner
- 10am - 5:30pm: Workshop: make your little giant
- 10:30am - 11am: Giant's meeting at the entrance of Poble Espanyol
- 11am - 11:30am: Giant clubs meeting
- 11:30am - 12pm: Giant’s meeting in the Main Square
- 12pm - 1:30pm: Giants club street festival on the village streets
- 1:30pm - 2:30pm: Giants club ball
- 2:30pm - 4pm: Workshop “Introduction to popular culture”
- 4pm - 5:30pm: Popular culture groups street festival (all the enclosure)
- 5pm - 5:30pm: Popular culture groups ball
- Residents in Catalonia (from 4 years old): Special price of 6€ at the ticket office / 5€ online (accrediting document will be required)
- Non residents in Catalonia: General admission
- Children under 4 and season passes: Free entrance
The entrance tickets are valid both for the Giant's Day activities and for visiting Poble Espanyol.
Visit Poble Espanyol and enjoy these activities
Buy your tickets online and save time and money!