Fun Day of Food and Popular Culture
The 2nd edition of La Calçotada is here, a fantastic culinary extravaganza with live music!
On Saturday March 9th, we will be offering a day of food and popular culture where La Calçotada will be one of the star dishes, but not the only one! You can enjoy the traditional calçots with Romesco sauce (and a bib!) thanks to Conserves Ferrer, served with the bread by the Forn de Cabrianes bakery. You will also have the option of grilled Butifarra sausages and, to drink, a good wine! The biggest foodies can also buy local products in any of the stalls in the Plaza Mayor square.
The musical entertainment, which is a necessity, will be provided by Catalan rumba! And adding to the delicious food with some good ol’ fun will be a calçots eating contest, a dance of giants, a wine tasting by D.O. Catalunya and various activities!
In addition, those with a creative side can participate in an arts and crafts workshop and make their own magnet in the shape of a calçot to take home with them as a personalised souvenir!
This is without a doubt a great opportunity to have a deliciously fun day out!
*wine tasting limited places. FULL!
- Saturday 9 March 2019 from 10 a.m to 18:30 p.m
- Entrance ticket: Poble Espanyol's general admission.
- Calçots menu: 8€ Includes 12 calçots + romesco sauce + bib + glass of wine + bread. Entrance not included
- Complete menu: 10€ Includes 12 calçots + romesco sauce + bib + grilled Catalan sausage + glass of wine + bread. Entrance not included
- Kid's menu: 4€ Includes grilled Catalan sausage + drink + bread. Entrance not included
NOTE: The day of the event, menu prices will be: Calçots menu 10€, Complete menu 12€ and Kid's menu 6€. Available while supplies last.
Buy your tickets online and save time and money: choose your entrance ticket and add the menu!